Sunday, June 1, 2014

Breathtaking - GD for Black With 2

I was invited be Eve, the owner of Black With 2, to be a Guest Designer for June, and of course I said YES! I rarely work with black cardstock as a the background of my layouts, and the challenges at Black With 2 are very challenging for me, but I'm also a great fan of challenges :).
Here's June's challenge:
And the sketch to work with:
And this is my lo for the challenge:
The photo was taken about 6 months ago, at twilight time, on our vacation at Eilat. the redish soft colors of the sunset, and the light on the red mountains,  were awesome!
I used the inspiration word 'Sweetness' for my jouranling, which says: "Moments of sweetness, at twilight time. Eilat, Nov 2013".
I used some SudioFourteen40's goodies - flairs (postmark set 2; thrift shop set 8) and chalked file tab (set 1)
Here are some close-ups on the details:
Thank you, Eve, for inviting me to be your Guest Designer this month. I had so much fun with this challenge!



Thank you all for taking the time and visiting my blog. Your comments are much appreciated.

4 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love how striking the colours are on the black background. Beautiful.

Lizzy Hill said...

Awesome....I would find it REALLY hard to use a black bg too...you've done a wonderful job...pretty amazing photos, too:):) Loving the flair, of COURSE!!!

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful Libeeti... So nice to have you as a GDT this month too:D
Love the papers they are perfect. Gorgeous pics too... love it

Dolly B said...

Congrats on the GD, I love you layout with the black background, it really makes your lovely colours pop . Beautiful Layout