Friday, February 28, 2014

Homeland

A few days ago, my youngest came with some homework, to ask the parents what does 'Homeland' mean to them. This homework was the inspiration for my layout.
I used the fab sketch from Once Upon A... Sketch:
I just LOVE my homeland, I love traveling all around, see all the beautiful sites - from snowy mountains to yellowish desert, seaside and green forests, ancient places and modern cities.
The jouranling lines are from a beautiful Israeli song, and that's what it is in free translation: "I have no other country, even if my country is burning, only Hebrew word penetrates into my veins, into my soul, in a painful body, in a starving heart- here is my home."
On the back of the page I wrote my answers to my youngest: "A homeland for me is first of all "Home", the place where I feel most safe, most comfortable. The place where I was born, where my parents and greatparents fought for freedom. All the beautiful sites, the history of this beloved country. The place where my children were born. The place where I can live freely and be what I am."
I was also inspired by case file # 365-4 at CSI:
My clues to solve the case were:
First of all - I was so inspired by the calla flowers on the inspiration photo, so my main embellishment are the handmade calla flowers.
Scheme - all colors are here.
Evidence - flowers, fabric (the brown felt flower), decorative borders, lace, stamps)
Testimony - the journaling is kind of a love poem to my beloved country, and I added pearls.
Here are some close-ups on the details:




Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate every comment you care to leave me :).

7 comments:

Dorota Dołęga said...

beautiful layout, love the delicate colours

Lizzyc said...

This is beautiful and I love the special thoughts you have put into the journalling too, love the colors as well!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Those lillies are STUNNING....& the colours delish:):) I'm so glad you joined us at OUAS this month....LOVELY work:):):)

Wilma Voermans said...

Super layout with those creative flowers on it! Would love to know which song it is your journaling is about. It really touched me....Thanks for playing with us at OUAS x Wilma

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Libeeti, what an amazing homeland you have - so much beauty in this photo!! Love how you've used the blue from the see to accent your page! So great to see your journaling in your own hand!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the February Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Val-Belle said...

Ah Libeeti, I love that see the good things in your country and not the bits ravaged by war, It looks like a beautiful place to visit and the history is just amazing. I am going to come there one day :) I love your take on the case file and your journalling brought a tear to my eye. So many people don't get why we love our countries when they are torn apart by conflict and violence. Love this Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month. <3

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Libeeti, this is such a lovely LO and heartbreaking at the same time. When the fighting began you were immediately in my thoughts and prayers. I especially love the gorgeous calla lilies you created. How awe inspiring. they are. God bless you, your family and the Israeli people.