Thursday, October 3, 2013

So Cool! - GD for Scrap Africa

I was very thrilled when my lo 'Strike a Pose' lo was chosen as one of the Top at Scrap Africa  for their 'Blue/Green and White challenge , and I was very honored when Denise asked me to be their Guest Designer for October 1st challenge.
I was asked to make a lo based on this sketch from Page Maps:
The photo is of my youngest, about 18 months ago, at the beach. 
For the background I used CW bricks mask with modeling paste and then I maked the 'bricks' with another CW circles mask, to mimic the pebbles in the photo. I used some lace, zig-zag trim, star and film strip die-cut (both Sizzix TH Alternations). I also used some gauze, and  placed some metal embellishments on it, as if you've found a treasure comming out of the sea.
Here are some close-ups on the details:


Thank you, Scrap Africa, for inviting me to be your GD! I really enjoyed working on this sketch.
Thanks for stopping by and  I'd love to read your comments.
זכיתי במקום ראשון בבלוג של Scrap Africa באתגר של כחול/ירוק ולבן, עם הדף הזה, והוזמנתי להיות מעצבת אורחת שלהם החודש, עם אתגר סקיצה.
עבדתי עם תמונה של צעיר הבנים בחוף הים, שצולמה לפני כשנה וחצי. הרקע מורכב ממסיכה של לבנים עם משחת עיצוב, ולאחר שהמשחה התייבשה, החתמתי אותה עם מסיכה נוספת של עיגולים, כדי לדמות את חלוקי האבן שעל חוף הים. השתמשתי בתחרה ובסרט זיג-זג ובחיתוך של סרט צילום שנעשה עם ידידי הביג שוט. הוספתי גם תחבושת עליה מיקמתי כמה קישוטי מתכת, כאילו מצאת אוצר שנפלט מבין גלי הים.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר, וכמו תמיד אשמח לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats on the GDT!! This is gorgeous!!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Thanks so much for creating this beautiful page for us! I love the blue hues, the background and the different textures! Such a cool dude in the photo's too! Sorry I made a blaps, but I really appreciate your project! Thanks again. Denise x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous!!