Saturday, October 19, 2013

High Expectations

After a very busy week, I finally got some time to scrap a little, so naturally I worked with CSI's case file from last week (there's already a new one...).
Edit: this lo is on 

The photo is of my eldest, and it was taken a little more than a year ago, but I used it to document something from now days.
Here's case file # 93 from CSI:
My clues to solve the case were:
Scheme - all colors used.
Evidence - airplane accent, something dangling, pinwheels, stripes/plaid patterns, mixed media background (masking with modeling paste, which was colored with Mr. Huey's yellow mist), triangles, a string, a tag.
Testimony - on the tag behind the layers. I was inspired by the inspiration words, but a little different - high; unexpected which turned to expectations... :)
My boy reaches adolescent, and it sure shows up.  My journaling documents an event from two days ago -my boy came back from school with homework, to ask me what are my expectations from him on his Bar Mitzvah year (if you're interested what Bar Mitzvah is, you can read about it HERE). I thought about it and my answer was: "My expectations from you for this year are that you'll discover the changes you're going through, physically and emotionally, and that you'll learn to accept them. I wish and hope that  you'll feel free to talk with me about anything, and most important - I wish you'll be happy and thay you'll enjoy this year".
Yesterday he told me that he read it out (and he said he was not shy to do this...). I hope his teacher didn't think that his mom does not understand the difference between expectations and hopes... I do understand, and yet this is my interpretaion. I really think that high expectations are not necessarily a bad thing...
I used papers from different manufacturers: Studio Calico, Fancy Pants, Carta Bella, Amrican Crafts. The airplane is paper piecing of a cute die cut. I also used MR vellum arrow, Mr. Huey's triangles mask, MR stamp, MFT stamp and sequins.
Here are some close-ups on the details:


Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog. Please leave a trail to  your visit, I really love reading your comments.
אחרי שבוע עמוס מאד, מצאתי סוף סוף זמן גם לסקראפ. עבדתי עם האתגר השבועי ב-CSI. התמונה היא של בכורי, מלפני כשנה וחצי. התגית מתעדת אירוע מהימים האחרונים - בביה"ס הם התבקשו לשאול את ההורים מה הציפיות של ההורים מהם בשנת המצווה. התשובה שלי הייתה: "שתגלה את השינויים שחלים בך, הגופניים והרגשיים, ותלמד להבין ולקבל אותם. שתמיד תוכל לבוא ולדבר איתי על כל דבר, והכי חשוב - שתהיה  מאושר ותהנה מהשנה הזאת."
השתמשתי בדפים מדוגמים מחברות שונות, בין היתר מהקולקציה של Carta Bella - Rough&Tumble. זו קולקציה נפלאה לעיצובי בנים - גם הדיגום של הדפים וגם הצבעים - כל כך עליזים ושמחים. אני ממש שמחה שמתחילים להביא לארץ יותר ויותר מוצרים שמתאימים לעיצוב עבור בנים.
השתמשתי גם עם משחת עיצוב, שנצבעה במיסט צהוב של מר יואי, על  מסיכה של מר יואי בצורת משולשים, ועם חותמות שונות של חיצים. החץ האדמדם בתגית הג'ורנלינג הוא החתמה ואמבוסינג עם אחת מהאבקות בסט אבקות אמבוסינג.
תודה שקפצתן לבקר בבלוג שלי, ואשמח מאד לקרוא את תגובותיכן.

1 comment:

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful layout Libeeti and I loved the explanation. A rite of passage for both boys and girls. I love the layout that you have created for this. A kind o whimiscal feel as you boy is on the cusp of adulthood. Beautiful work. x